I found Quora on Tuesday morning and I was only able to tear myself away on Thursday afternoon. Personally, I loved it. As a potential marketing venue, I have questions and observations.
- Will search engines see authoritative content or will it be in line behind Wikipedia, Yahoo Answers, and other crowd-sourced content?
- Will Quora authors and editors be surfaced as authorities by search engines?
- How will following and being followed impact a user’s authority?
- I like the “Chimney Sweep” role; people who clean-up and review Quora’s content. This doesn’t appear to be a self-proclaimed role, but a job at Quora.
- I like that the content on Quora takes center stage. They’ve cleverly designed a lot of content qualifying features into the interface.
- Unlike Yahoo! Answers, Quora the answers are appear more thoughtful and authoritative. Anonymous answers are discouraged.